Tuesday, January 5, 2010

True to your Roots Part 2: Skateboarding

I started skateboarding in the turn of of the year 1999 to 2000. its crazy looking back and seeing that it has been 10 years so far. I was 11 years old at the time, and one of my best friends growing up got a skateboard for christmas and started skating so i wanted one to. So my mom brought me to walmart and i got a NASH skateboard, cheap to standards but i really didnt care i just wanted to skate. after that day, skateboarding consumed my life. bringing me to points where i would skip school to skate. At this time there was no skatepark in Fitchburg, and i never had money to take the MART bus to leominster to skate there. So street skating is where everything for me evolved. 1st street, the Boutelle Factory, Court House Ledges,FSB, Fay Set, and Tucci's halfpipe. where all spots where i would be on a daily basis. Before the skatepark was built. After that, the park became a second home and only night sessions went down for street skating.
over the years i have seen so many vids, to many to post. but here is one that is always in my top watched. and ALWAYS gets me pumped for skating.

Chad Muska: fulfill the Dream (the deck that Muska is carrying in the opening is my favorite deck graphic of all time!)
Chad Muska is also one of my favorite skaters of all time and he completely embodies an era in his style of skating and person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
A 21 year old clothing designer/ streetwear enthusiast out of central Massachusetts.