Sunday, January 31, 2010

New York City Part 1

Yesterday My friend Brittany and myself took a trip to NYC for the day to just kinda get away from home for a while. This was her first time going, and probably about my 800th or something close to that. but pretty much over the past 2 -3 years. new york city and brooklyn have become a second home to me. After a little under 4 hour ride we arrived in Chinatown and hopped onto the canal street subway. getting off at Union Sq. stopped and had a small breakfast which consisted of coffee, apple fritter and cupcakes. (yeah i know right?) Walking around the Union sq. area and then heading up to fashion ave. until we made our way to Times sq.

now i have a little problem with times sq. Its the #1 spot in the WORLD for advertising. millions of dollars go into adverts there. why not let the little guys advertise there for free. we dont even need a big billboard.
During a previous trip i slapped a few stickers (roughly 200)up around times sq. and went back just about 2 weeks later and ALL my stickers where taken down. I mean. i dont care. your the one wasting your money paying someone to take them down. when they only cost me pennies to make and its not like im going to stop. so give up. leave my stickers.

Anyways. after time sq. we voyaged down to battery park and the WTC site. and continued over to my favorite little place to eat in Brooklyn. enjoyed some awesome thai food and called it a day. headed back down to chinatown and caught our bus home.

pictures will be in the next post.


-Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
A 21 year old clothing designer/ streetwear enthusiast out of central Massachusetts.