Wednesday, August 5, 2009

AUGUST 11TH. FITCHBURG RESIDENTS COME TOGETHER.

On August 11th, there will be a Public Meeting at 50 Day street starting at 6:30 PM.
I will be there with a list of everything that this city used to be to what it is now.
I will bring up the fact that there is a large art community just waiting to explode. The only thing that is holding us back is the actual people who run this city. Speaking on the facts that Downtown NEEDS modern shops, coffee houses, places to eat, some sort of venue. and art spaces. instead of law firm after law firm. after walking down main street on my way home today. just standing in one spot i could count over 20 empty fronts. The guys from local band BLACK STEEL PEACOCK stopped into the shop today to share that there looking to open a local free art space.
on August 11th, I will be saying everything that has been on EVERYONES mind about the city. What NEEDS to CHANGE. and WHO needs to step off of there pedestals and be apart of the community instead of thinking there above it.
I would like to see All of the Art community come down. show some support for your city and speak your mind.
Together where ALL going to CHANGE this city. Even if we have to do it on our own.

I will be at EVERY open meeting that the city has. repeating myself.
so come on down and help.

august 11th
50 day street
fitchburg ma
01420

1 comment:

  1. i just wrote a whole long thing about this, but when i tried to post it, it dissappeared. so here's the short version:


    I agree completely. There are a few "art" spaces on main street, and all of them with the exception of the Rabbit Hole have been pretty rude to me. It seems that if you don't either make jewelry or paint landscapes, they don't want you around. We need a space for younger, modern artists.

    I am working with the owner of Coffee Craze coffee shop to get his shop on Main St. (it's currently on JohnFitch highway). He let's me hang my art in his shop, and he is hoping to have open mic nights and bands play there in the future, so being on main street would be a great thing.

    Anyway, I'll be at this meeting, and i will bring other artists.

    ~HeatherRose

    HeatherRoseStudios.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
A 21 year old clothing designer/ streetwear enthusiast out of central Massachusetts.