Friday, December 11, 2009

Monty Tech lecture recap.

Yesterday I Gave a small lecture to Mrs. Guzman' Entrepreneur class at Monty Tech high school. it was supposed to be on wednesday but due to a snow day it was pushed ahead.

but here is a recap.

i arrived at the school 10 minutes early. with no note cards or anything on how exactly i was going to present. i just pretty much winged the whole thing. I was nervous and im sure by how unsteady i was from time to time, everyone could notice. Then I began on how i started the line, and i went through the whole story from start to current times. I brought up my best success and some of the ideas that didn't work. I explained how branding was one of the biggest keys into where free idea is today. How having an simple yet distinguished logo can help the success of a brand. I explained how Viral marketing played a big roll also, by networking sites such as myspace. I covered how i would just give handfuls of stuff away to people to just get the name out there. Trips to NYC and Boston to take in the atmosphere and to spread. I explained how my line incorporates a personal side, and how im strongly influenced by brands such as. Freshjive, the Hundreds, Supreme, and Stussy. and how streetwear has been a strong part of my life growing up skating, and how streetwear derived from skateboarding. and how it all had a huge impact on me. In all the lecture was a very good experience on me, and hopefully for the class. I was invited back to speak again to another class. so i now have more to look forward to.

if you go to a school in MA, and your in a business class or anything related, and would like me to speak. please have your teacher shoot me an email. @ freeideaclothing@hotmail.com




1 comment:

  1. omg i loveeee mrs.guzman!
    hope you had fun:D

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
A 21 year old clothing designer/ streetwear enthusiast out of central Massachusetts.