Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Late night sit down.

I have been spending alot of time, outside of my home city of Fitchburg. and spending alot of time in Gardner MA, and Athol / Orange MA. mostly because its just alot slower pace, and i can take some time to think. Last night i had a good long chat with my pals Jimmy and Josh from Flight of the Navigator. Just talking about where everything is going with there music and my line. how things have changed up in there lineup and how Im bringing Free Idea back to its roots from where it started from. We got on topic about how Alot of bands are sorta starting to sound alike, and how clothing lines are just starting to blend together. overall at the end of the talk. we came to the absolute conclusion that Free Idea and Flight of the Navigator are connected at the hip.
there is no wrong way about it. Both of us started just around the same time. They even gave me my first actual break and invited me to setup at my first show setup. all in all there great dudes, and there is going to be alot going on within both FOTN and Free Idea.

I would like to announce that the Free Idea shop on 41 elm street will be closing this october after the "nightmare on elm street" release.
just so nobody comes to an idea that "free idea isnt doing good" or "blah blah blah"
these are the reasons why the shop is closing.

1. My Lease on the space is up in October.

2. Im starting College October 26th

3. i want to bring Free Idea to everyone. and meet and talk with the people who are apart of what i do. I dont want you to have to plan on coming down between the hours the shop is open.

4. The shop is a humble atmosphere, but for me, i would rather people see it on a table setup in some hall than hanging on a wall in a shop.

5. I never intended on being a clothing designer. ever. I just wanted to take things that made me happy and put them on shirts for other people who liked them. so thats what its going back to.

6. I want to give more back.

7. bigger, better, Free Idea stuff.

plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
A 21 year old clothing designer/ streetwear enthusiast out of central Massachusetts.